SwaSwara: An Eco-Conscious Wellness Retreat in India for Yoga, Creative Food and Vitamin Sea. - The Shooting Star

 

As wellness tourism in India grows, so does the hunt for an environmentally conscious wellness retreat in India. Raising the bar for wellness resorts in India, SwaSwara – on the shores of Om Beach in Karnataka – is not just ideal for yoga, meditation, hiking and detoxing, but also offers sustainable, mindful luxury.

Over several months of seeking refuge from the pandemic in Goa, I gradually made peace with the indefinite pause on my travelling life. Bit by bit, I explored more of my own backyard, discovering secret waterfalls, incredible hikes, timeless Goan villages and still pristine parts of the otherwise Instagrammed coast.

I was pretty unsure of how I felt about longer distance travel, but when CGH Earth reached out to me with an invitation to drive down 4 hours to SwaSwara – a wellness retreat in India naturally set up for social distancing, on the shores of Om Beach in Gokarna, I got tempted.

Masked up, hands constantly sanitized and windows open for ventilation, we drove under the warm blue skies, along rice paddies and coconut plantations, and felt a forgotten travel high crossing over into Karnataka! 

 

A wellness retreat in India to feel intimate with nature

As we settled into our partially open air Konkan-style cottage, built with traditional laterite and thatched roof, with bulbuls fluttering about the young guava tree within, I suddenly realized how much I needed a detox retreat in India to recharge my batteries from the chaos, shock and anxiety of the past year.

Also read: How to Indulge Your Wanderlust at Home During the Pandemic

 

At 6:00 am, I followed the light of my phone torch up a narrow path through the wilderness, to a deck perched on the hill – for a guided pranayama (breath control) session. When I began, I could hear the waves in my ears but see nothing in the dark. Halfway through, I could feel the first rays of the sun on my face. By the time I opened my eyes, now feeling wide awake, the sun was peeking above the mountain, filling the sky and the sea with a warm, magical orange glow.

I woke up before sunrise on all four mornings to make the most of my mindfulness retreat in India, and slowly began to experience the deep peace and soulful beauty of the world around me – feelings that have evaded me since the pandemic began in 2020.

READ MORE......

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wearable Art: The Intersection of Fashion and Creativity

The Unmatched Beauty and Importance of Nature